Orleans & Northern Essex Regional Council Recap – September 2018
Regional Council Meetings:
At our August 6, 2018 BBF Regional Council meeting, we discussed our regional action plan and members participated in an activity to identify specific timelines and measures to determine when we meet our goals. In addition, we read through the Guiding Principles for the Full Participation of Each and Every Young Child and Family document and began a discussion about what the value and meaning of these principles are in relation to our individual programs and as a council.
At our September 10, 2018 council meeting we hosted a training called NEK Diversity presented Dr. Karen Hack from Northeast Kingdom Human Services. The objectives of the training included: to develop a better awareness and understanding of race, culture and racial /cultural injustice in our community; to gain positive ideas and strategies to address issues of injustice and to celebrate diversity. Many great resources were shared.
Upcoming BBF Regional Council Meetings/Trainings:
- October 1, 2018- Shared Services presented by Michelle Tarryk, NEKLS
- November 5, 2018 – VT Early Childhood Legislative Issues- Presented by Kelly Ault from VT Early Childhood Advocacy Alliance
- December 3, 2018 – Substance Use Disorder -Presented by Carol Smith- Oak Leaf and Pine Counseling, PLC
ONE Early MTSS Reginal Team – At our August 16th ONE Early MTSS meeting, we finalized our Purpose, Mission, and Vision Statements as well as updated our regional action plan for FY18-19. Our next steps for this team include:
- Create a regional Early MTSS handbook,
- Create ‘Change of Practice’ post survey
- Discuss creation of a resource toolkit for providers and/or parents
- Identify and host two professional development opportunities for early childhood professionals and community partners
In addition, this team has several representatives participating in the monthly statewide Early MTSS technical assistance calls reconvened by BBF.