WordPress Contractor Scope of Work for buildingbrightfutures.org and vermontkidsdata.org
Building Bright Futures is seeking an independent WordPress contractor for updates, improvements, and ongoing support and maintenance for the buildingbrightfutures.org and vermontkidsdata.org websites. This will be an initial short-term contract for up to $2,000 with opportunities to extend.
Building Bright Futures is a nonprofit that works to improve the well-being of each and every child and family in Vermont, from the prenatal period through age 8. We bring together a robust network of policymakers, early childhood professionals, educators, health and mental health providers, business leaders, families, and other stakeholders to share insights and problem-solve through regular meetings of 12 Regional Councils, 7 Committees moving forward the work of Vermont’s Early Childhood Action Plan (VECAP), and a 23-member State Advisory Council. We empower and elevate family and community voices as partners in decision-making. We also centralize and disseminate early childhood data to inform policy through Vermont’s Early Childhood Data and Policy Center at vermontKidsData.org
- Update security/plugins etc.
- Partner with AWS contractors if issues arise
- Update (or create) analytics tags for monitoring content engagement
- Train staff who are creating website content when there are updates
- Create a usable events section
- Update templates to be able to use block editor
- Fix issues with link formatting/text wrapping, button text overflow, text indentation, and other similar issues
- Improve formatting of photos on blog pages and fix issues with photo display
- Work with staff and contractors to make updates to page structure and organization
- Update current BBF theme
- Set new defaults (e.g. text size, link color)
- Other updates as needed
- Update VKD themes and blocks as necessary
- Work with graphic designer and database engineers to present data and information in compelling and interactive ways (e.g. early childhood data dashboard, data development agenda)
- Other tasks as agreed upon
Please send a resume and relevant examples of your work along with your hourly nonprofit rate to email@example.com.